Community post

Discussion

Weird AF ???

Hi all, I am TTC for my second child. I am having a weird AF and am wondering if it could actually be implantation bleeding. I was supposed to start AF on monday, sure enough I had some spotting like usual and thought it was the start of AF. Today is thursday and I usually would be ending my AF now but instead since monday I have had really dark brown blood/discharge. It is not enough to wear a tampon, pad or even a panty liner. SOrry if TMI but its not actually flowing like a period its only there when I wipe. Also I have had no AF cramps what so ever. Please help. Im so confused, I have heard that some women think they are having a light period when in actual fact it is implantation bleeding. Anyone had anything similar and turned out to be pregnant?

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

Hi, I heard that is common and my little sister did that. Have you taken a test yet???

User Image

11 years ago

hi, yes I took a test this morning it was a BFN. But I think you are supposed to wait 4-5 days after the spotting has stopped for the test to become positive, but im a POAS addict, I can't help myself lol.

11 years ago • Post starter

Same boat with a weird AF! My husband and I started TTC around the end of August early September. I was supposed to start my period on September 23rd ( I am VERY normal ) and was 4 days late. Prior to this I had sore boobs mild cramping for a week and a half ( I never get cramping unless its the night before I start my period) and felt nauseous constantly. I have a 3 year old daughter already so I thought I was for sure pregnant because I had a lot of the same symptoms. Once I started my period it was very spotty in the beginning and then brown at some points then bright red at some points and only lasted 2 days. I took HPT almost everyday leading up to my period and always got negatives and a took another one a day after my period ended and still negative. Its been a week since my period ended and im still feeling nauseous and then today certain smells started making me feel sick. I gave up on taking tests since I thought I had my period but now Im wondering if I could still be pregnant??

11 years ago

Hi, yes I think that you could still be pregnant and should definatly do another test. My doctor said that women can have implantation bleeding that they can mistake for a very light period and that it is not unusual for a woman who is pregnant to have very light periods. I went to the doctor and had a blood test unfortunatly that very same night my AF showed itself in full force and ofcourse the blood test was negative. Wishing you lots of luck and

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo