Community post

Discussion

CD33, AF is 2 days late, + opk but - hpt??????

this is my first month using opk, since CD12 i have had all positive opks, even until today! i have no PCOS or anything that would make my cycle abnormal as far as im aware. i read that opks will be positive if you are pregnant and since af is two days late i decided to hpt and it was negative....

has anyone had anything like this happen to them before? should i wait and still test again or could i have really been experiencing attempted ovulation for the last 3 weeks?

if anyone has any input at all it would be sooo helpful!

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

This is my 4th late day so I've been reading a ton of stuff online trying to make sense of my neg. hpt and came across this interesting bit of info from babycenter.com:

Many home pregnancy tests claim to be "greater than 99 percent accurate" and imply that you can use them as early as the day you miss your period, but a study published in 2004 in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has shown that this can be misleading.
Researchers at the University of New Mexico evaluated 18 tests and found that only one was consistently sensitive enough to detect the levels of hCG that most pregnant women were likely to have on the first day of their missed period. Most of the other tests were able to pick up about 16 percent of pregnancies at that point.

Hope this helps give you some reassurance :)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo