Community post

Discussion

PROGESTERONE CREAM

Hi guys - I am wondering a few things about natural progesterone cream. I have been using it this last cycle to try to lengthen an 11 day luteal phase.

When I used it from after ovulation, my period ended up coming a day early. my cycles are usually 29 days on average, with a late ovulation at cd18. which only leaves 11 days for luteal length. when my cycle length is only 28 days, like it was taking the cream - there is only 10 days in my luteal phase. I don't feel comfortable with such a short length, especially since we've been TTC for 3 years now. Our first two kids (now 3 and 4) came so easily it was amazing. Then...nothing.

Anyway, if I keep taking the cream, it is (so far) shortening my lp, not lengthening it. How do I use it to lengthen it?

Also, everyone keeps saying start taking it on cd14 until period comes, or cd26. BUT, if a woman normally ovulates late on cd18, she'll be preventing ovulation by taking it that early. How can I move my ovulation day earlier in my cycle so my luteal phase lengthens a bit? I'd love to ovulate on cd14 with my already 28/29 day cycle!!

Thanks gals!!

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

I havent used progesterone cream but I found Vitex really helped to balance my cycle which was a long folicular phase and a short luteal phase.

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo