Community post

Discussion

First time unexpected and unsure

Hi I am pretty new to all of this and I don't know what most of the abbreviations mean but here I go anyway.

I have never really paid much attention to my periods, I know they are fairly regular and I get the same group of symptoms every month.

This month is different though....

I finished my last period the last day of August first few days of Sept, then about 5 days ago my boobs started to hurt and I got some brown discharge for a day, since then boobs still hurt and im getting pink/light brown discharge when I wipe occasionally. I am feeling VERY tired and super hungry. I dont think Im due to come on for another week ish?

Me and my partner do have alot of sex and we use condoms, there was a time after my last period that the condom came off without us noticing until it was too late. I cannot remember when it was though.

So I have taken a HPT and it says negative...

is it too early to tell or is my body just playing tricks on me?

Sorry for the length by the way.

1 Reply • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

If you are due in about a week or so, it may still be too early. Wait another day or two and test again, maybe your body will have started producing HcG (given you are pregnant) by then. Also may be the type of test you used, if it wasn't sensitive enough to pick up a small amount of HcG if present.

Also, I am too new to this but here are some abbreviations I have figured out..

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
BFN- Big fat negative
BFP- Big fat positive
O or O'ed - ovulate or ovulated
DS- Darling son
DD- Darling daughter
DH- Darling Husband
CD#- cycle day #
DPO- Days past ovulation
HPT- Home Pregnancy Test
FRER- First Respose Early Result

I think that's all I got..lol hope that helped!

Good luck with the outcome of your HPT!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo