Community post

Discussion

Faint line on hpt, is this a positive?

I took a hpt today; the line was not solid but it had pink at the top and bottom. Does this mean it's a positive or negative because the line didn't go completely from top to bottom? I'm going to retest tomorrow with FMU but still curious nonetheless.

User Image[/img]

Jenn

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

sorry the pic didn't come through (tried 2 different uploads just in case)!

User Image" rel="nofollow">

User Image

Jenn

11 years ago • Post starter

Even the faintest of lines can be positive, however it is still best to do a second test for reassurance.

The test is looking for HCG hormone which we always have a tiny amount of (so I have read) but don't have enough to register on a test unless an egg has implanted.

I am guessing you are testing very early to get such an 'almost line' so try not to get too excited. One of the reasons why we are advised to wait (not that I do :p) is because it isn't uncommon for pregnancies to naturally abort before our period is due and thus we can get a positive result on a test and then a negative when AF is due.

So I would recommend being cautiously optimistic and testing again to confirm :)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo