Community post

Discussion

PREGNANT IN AMERICA - A MUST SEE for TTCrs

DH and I came across this movie last night and I'm so gracious to God that He allowed us to see this movie and get the information from it that we did get. I feel that every woman reading this post, whether you live in America or not, should see this video. ESPECIALLY AMERICANS!!

I was shocked, angry, apauled and DISGUSTED about how money hungry doctor's and the health system in America has become. To the point where they are constantly putting American women at a higher risk of something going wrong than they lead us to believe when we are sitting in their in those offices.

The film makers gave off a list of side effects that could happen to the mother and the baby in the event that an anesthetic is given for the pain and numbing of child birth. DH and I personally discussed being open to getting one rior to seeing this movie and now that we have seen the 5 minute long list of side effect that those drugs may cause there is NO WAY I would ever put my child and myself at risk like that.

It also sheds light on how our insurance companies are playing a role in this scheme. They make it harder for women to have at home births, naturally and with no drugs. Then we found out that they way doctor's have women sit up and push only puts more pressure and work on the mother as opposed to a lot of the Midwife practices and positions for giving birth so that it is easier on the mother.

I can't even explain how much information is kept from us. If you don't have Netflix or get this movie on demand you can buy it off the website www.PregnantInAmerica.com

A MUST SEE FOR ALL TTCing WOMEN! We need to educate ourselves not numb ourselves to what is really going on with America's health care system.

"Whatever is to be, must be" - Bob Marley

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Wow! Thanks for this! DH and I are already planning on having a natural home birth this next time around....but I had no idea that anesthetics where dangerous!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Anytime! My uncle is even a doctor that does the injections and I didn't know all that! It's funny cuz once the nurses and hospital staff find out this guys stand and why he's filiming they all threaten to take away his camera, throw him out, demand the tape, etc. lol

To make things worse the list of side-effects and/or risks of c-sections are just as long and bad as the injections! The movie says that the rate of c-sections went from 7% to 40% between 1999 and 2008 I think. The national allowed average is 13&, i believe. And they found that the increase in c-sections is also showing a trend of these c-sections being done between Monday and Friday. Just for the convinience of the doctor!

I'm so glad to hear you all want to have a home birth! that is a MUST on our list now! We're even talking seriously about leaving the Country.

"Whatever is to be, must be" - Bob Marley

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo