Community post

Discussion

Need help!

Hi Ladies!
I'm currently waiting to O, and have come down with a horrible (what my Mother would have called) CRICK in my neck and shoulder. It honestly feels as if someone has stuck a knife in my muscle under my left shoulder blade. I commonly get these in my neck and sometimes shoulder - I think an old back injury combined with working at a desk makes them worse.

DF has been massaging and I've been icing and applying heat when I'm home, but this isn't alleviating it.

I know that all I need is a good few days of my muscle relaxer (metaxalone) and some OTC anti-inflammatories, but should I be taking these so close to ovulation? I had a miscarriage in April, so I am trying to be extra-careful about what I'm putting in my body. I was trying to not take anything but my prenatals but this pain i(on it's third day) is gettiing unbearable!

User Image Baby M v1.0, 4/20/2012

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

ouch that sounds painful! I would say that as you haven't ov'd yet you would be ok to take them. By the time you have ov'd and then implantation happens they will be out of your body anyway. The baby doesn't feed off of you for a good few weeks (round 7 or 8 I think) when the placenta takes over.
If still unsure you could talk to a pharmacist.

11 years ago

Thanks! I did take some tylenol, but it didn't really help. I now think it's a nerve isssue, as I've had pins and needles in the shoulder and down my arm. I made a doctor's apppointment today to check on it!

User Image Baby M v1.0, 4/20/2012

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo