Community post

Discussion

Having sex the EXACT date you ovulate?

Does having sex the EXACT date you ovulate guarantee pregnancy? I had unprotected sex with my partner on 06/23 and that was my ovulation date. Of course, he ejaculated inside of me. But how long exactly can sperm live inside of a woman? From that day forward, I've been experiencing some mild cramping on my right side and my cervical fluid has increased immensely. I know that its way too early to be experiencing any possible pregnancy symptoms. I would just like to know is it possible or how high is the possibly of me ending up pregnant.

2 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Yes, it is very possible to become pregnant from unprotected sex on your ovulation day. Once the egg is released from the ovary, it lives for 12-24 hours, some say even 48 hours... it can take as little as 30 minutes for sperm to make the trip from the vagina through the cervix through the uterus to the fallopian tube where the egg is waiting. If the egg hasn't been released yet, the sperm can wait out for days, up to 5. Because sperm can live much longer than an egg, everyone recommends having sex before you ovulate so you won't miss the short span of time... but yes, you are still considered very fertile on your ovulation day. Even the day after, for safe measure. Hope this helps! :)

11 years ago

I am so happy somebody asked this questions, becuase I was wondering the same exact thing. This is thwe first cycle where I have tried to calculate everything. I am hoping during this two week wait I will get a BFP! Wishing all the best to everyone :)

I wish the best to all

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo