Community post

Question

CD 38 NORMAL 28 DAY CYCLE

I'm CD 38 today I normally have a normal 28 day cycle. I had a chemical in May a normal cycle after that. I never got a positive ovulation test around the time i would normally O so i thought i mossed the surge. I started taking pregnancy test at what I thought would be 9dpo (Cd 23) I've got all negatives even a not pregnant digital yesterday morning on CD 37. I've been really moody lately Af is now over a week late. I've been bloated and tired and so moody lately chalked it up to pms. I've never had this late of a cycle so I tested again late last night with the cheap dip strips got the faintest positive within time frame almost looked like a evap. I took 5 more test since then 2 different brands all faint faint 2nd line. I tested my lh as this would be around the time I would start testing if my cycle had been normal I got a def positive on the lh strips. At this piont I'm worried and scared I've gotten all negative til today which I'd a really really late positive going by my normal cycle. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. I made a doc apt this afternoon for a blood draw. Has anyone else had this happen and had a healthy pregnancy. I don't even want to think it's really positive yet but I so want it to be

user submitted image

UPDATE   Late ovulation. Ended up being a chemical. 2nd chemical in 3 months. Got egg quality and thyroid checked. All looks good. Im over 35 and have had scaring from previous issues. Hoping for baby dust and for a snug implantation next time around. Wishing everyone nothing but luck and baby dust.

6 Answers • 10 months ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

It’s definitely possible that you ovulated later. I usually have 28 day cycles but have had a couple of longer ones over the last few months. I wasn’t tracking ovulation with the first longer cycle which lasted 39 days. I was tracking the last ovulation with bbt and opk and confirmed ovulation on cd19 which gave me a 33 day cycle. Without tracking it’s really hard to know when you ovulate and it doesn’t always occur when we think, as I found out. Hopefully you will get an answer either way soon. I know how frustrating it is not knowing.

10 months ago

Still waiting for blood test result but home test are starting to fade as of today almost none exist. Cramping bad today and starting to spot.I think im out this month. Thank you so much for responding

10 months ago • Post starter

Update: doc called with blood result. Said it's positive for pregnancy and that it's low levels putting me around 3 weeks. I gotta go back to retest tomorrow. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. And I don't understand ehat they mean by 3 weeks. Does that go off you last period or when baby implantated? My hgc was about 25 which is what most test start reading but don't seem right for me being 11 days late for my period.

You must have ovulated later than you thought. It’s good news that your blood result was positive, at least you know those lines were for real. I’ll keep everything crossed that it works out for you

10 months ago

Thank you so much

Test is def fading ):

user submitted image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo