Community post

Question

Beta HCG

I had my beta hcg bloodwork done on Friday 10/2. The results were 39 so my doctor wanted me to get a second one done. I we yesterday, 4 days after the first, and the results were 128. She wants me to go tomorrow to get another blood test because she’s not happy with the rise, or lack of rise, in the four day span. Had anyone else had this issue? I just had two back to back early miscarriages in June and July and my anxiety is out of control right now!
Photo of my tests that I took prior to getting the bloodwork done.

user submitted image

5 Answers • 3 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

So I plugged the numbers and if your hcg was doubling at exactly 48 hours it would be 156. Up to 72 hour doubling time can be normal though. With my 2nd daughter, my hcg was 54 at 14dpo Dr thought that low, 103 at 16dpo (51 hour doubling time). She followed up with another beta the next week and a 5 week scan. Baby had caught up (saw a super tiny gestational sac) doubling time decreased to 36 hours. I know it’s hard to stay positive after early losses.....keep us posted

3 years ago

I got my test results from yesterday, 10/8! My hcg went from 128 to 334 in 48 hours! Doubling time was a little less than 35 hours. My doctor was happy with this and so am I!

3 years ago • Post starter

3 years ago

That’s great!

3 years ago

Gongratzz!!!

User image

3 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo