Community post

Discussion

TTC after Mirena Removal

First time poster here and first month TTC after Mirena removal. I’m sure it has been discussed and I just haven’t found the thread about it but I would love input. My Mirena was removed Jan 21,20 (2nd Mirena, 8 years total) I never had a period after the first month of having it put in. I could tell I did ovulate with it. I will be 30 in June and my husband (44) are trying for an “ours” baby after his daughter who is 14. I haven’t had a normal period yet. Only a few straight days of spotting then it stopped. We’d like (ofcourse) to conceive soon as possible. I am tracking OPK but they’ve all been negative. What’s everyone’s experiences after Mirena and TTC?

Also; has anyone’s SO’s had testosterone injections due to low T and had any issues with their fertility? I’ve read so many bad things. I’m worried it may effect his fertility.

Any input would be appreciated!

1 Reply • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Replies

After my mirena was removed, I had a period that was only 3 days of spotting right on schedule (28 day cycles with mirena). My first cycle was 41 days, second- 35 days, 3rd- 31 days, 4th had a chemical (would have been 30days based on o date), the the 5the was 33 days. I’m currently almost half way into my 6the cycle.

It definitely has taken time for my body to regulate, so temping, OPK’s, and tracking cm and cp have been very important to my sanity! While also driving me insane

Wishing you the best of luck in your ttc journey!

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo