Community post

Discussion

Low Progesterone Related to my Miscarriages and Chemical Pregnancy?

I'm so curious if the reason for my 2 previous miscarriages and recent chemical pregnancy were at all due to having low progesterone. Does anyone else think the same? Anyone else had miscarriage and had low progesterone?

I just looked it up my medical history to see and here is the info from my two pregnancies...

My 1st pregnancy was:
4/7/15 - HCG 136, Progesterone 6.0
4/10/15 - HCG 455, Progesterone 9.8
4/13/15 - HCG 1,547, Progesterone 8.7(was put on progesterone pill daily at this point that he said I'd need to take until I was starting 2nd trimester)
5/1 - HCG 73,743, Progesterone 33 (had u/s done on 5/1 - no heartbeat, had D&C couple days later)

2nd pregnancy:
10/23/17 - HCG 80, no progesterone tested
10/25/17 - HCG 190, Progesterone 14.3
10/27/17 - HCG 479, Progesterone 13.1 (went down a little - asked dr about it, he said as long as it's above 10, it's within normal limits and no supplement needed)
11/1/17 - HCG 5,627, Progesterone 13.0 (went down a smidge... questioned doctor again and still said no progesterone supplement needed? Tried to fight him on it and feel I should've stuck to my gut.)

Now, I'm thinking if I took progesterone, it could've helped me keep the 2nd pregnancy... what do you all think? I think I should start taking progesterone cream starting this cycle!

2 Replies • 6 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

If you are going to use progesterone cream I believe you are supposed to wait until after you Ovulate. This will add to the progesterone your body is making during your luteal phase. If you take it before you O I'd worry that it could mess up your cycle since you want estrogen and LH to dominate in your follicular phase. I would make sure you are pinpointing your O day before you start using the cream. If it was me I'd present this evidence to my dr and see if they think the cream is a good idea. Good luck!

6 years ago

Yes possibly. I wonder this about myself. I’ve had 2 miscarriages and countless chemicals.

6 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo