Community post

Success story

So thankful!

Back in February 2014, me and my partner decided to come off bc and try for a baby! We were so excited & super shocked that we became pregnant our first month trying!! We were buying little bits and bobs from the minute we found out, then it was time for our 12 wk us, we were both soo excited to be able to share this amazing news and see our baby for the first time! But in the afternoon of May 22nd 2014 our whole world collapsed around us, our baby had sadly passed at 8 wks gestation, I was so confused I didn't even know you could miscarry without bleeding, my breasts shrunk down at around week 9 but I thought nothing of it as I wasn't bleeding. I done everything right so couldn't understand why this had happened. Anyways we opted for the tablets to help bring baby out, it was painful both physically and emotionally. I never got to meet my baby once they had come in to the world sleeping and to this day I still regret that I did not ask to have a moment with them! I felt so empty once I knew they were gone, because one thing is when your pregnant you never feel alone!

Although distraught we felt we wanted to try again straight away, so we began waiting for my first cycle, which came 30 days after my treatment for the miscarriage. But then they were a little irregular after that ranging between 30-34 days. People always said "it will happen when you stop trying" and funnily enough in the midst of a home renovation and starting a new job we found out we were expecting our rainbow baby! We were over the moon it felt like the longest 4 months of our lives TTC! Our baby is a miracle! To think I should have been 8 months pregnant when they were conceived , I just wish both of my babies could be here! I felt bad in a way celebrating this new pregnancy, but then I also felt bad for feeling like I shouldn't be celebrating as much because this was such an amazing thing and I know our angel would love to see us smiling again. It's still hard even now, I am almost 20wks and still worry about this pregnancy, but I suppose that's what comes with being a mummy! I'm going to worry about them for the rest of my life! It's amazing feeling them kick and wriggle and in a few days we get to find out if they are a boy or a girl, but all that matters is that they're healthy!!

Symptom wise dpo I had no clue what so ever apart from really sore nipples that I was pregnant, so I had a spare ovulation test and decided to pee on it, it came up super dark positive but my period was due the next day (or so I thought) so how could I be ovulating. My period due date had passed 4 days ago as by my due date I had my normal 28 day cycle when I conceived! So the next morning I got my Clearblue Digital test out and took it, I left it in the utility room and went and made a cup of tea as the results take 3 minutes to appear, I came back and seen "Pregnant 1-2" ð??? I started shaking and was super shocked because although we'd been trying I just thought well we've tried for the past 3 months and nothings happened so what's going to be different about this month! Such an amazing feeling.
I really hope everyone TTC gets their BFP soon!! Good luck & baby dust to you all!

0 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo