Community post

Success story

After 3 years of trying...

My DH and I have been trying to have another baby for over 3 years now. When i got pregnant with my first it was so easy I thought it would be the same this time. Boy was I wrong!! To make matters worse, when I turned 30, I started having the same symptoms I had when I first got pregnant, but I had them with EVERY cycle. It was so emotional to think every time that I was pregnant based on past experience and then to start, or have a BFN and be late :( A couple of months ago I went to my Dr. and she put me on Clomid. We did 2 rounds with no luck, she wanted to try 3 before doing more tests. I never went back for the 3rd prescription. I wanted to wait until things were calmer and we could concentrate more on getting pregnant... I stopped tracking symptoms, I knew I was having them but I resisted the urge to log on and track them. Again, too many disappointments. I wasn't even expecting to get a BFP this time. I had my regular PMS symptoms, sore boobs, nausea, back ache, fatigue, and I'm 6 days late. I've been late before though so I figured eh, just another let down. Even though I had a pregnancy test I was afraid to use it. I have had SO many BFN's in the past, even when late, and I didn't want that again. So I put it off till this morning. I took the test at around 5:30 am figuring well, this is my last one so when it turns up neg. I just won't get any more. It only took a second for it to come up BFP! I'm still in shock, haven't told my DH, and I think it is too good to be true. Maybe I was imagining things, it was early, maybe I was still sleeping and my eyes were playing tricks on me. I'm in shock right now but very happy and very excited and really hoping this all goes as smoothly as my first pregnancy! :)

0 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo