Community post

Success story

Bfp days after spotting but thought I was out this month!

I am in slight disbelief and shock writing this!
I am going to be 31 on Tuesday and DH is 29. This is only our 2nd month ttc so didn't expect it to happen for a good few months yet. I had what looked like some brown spotting on dpo 6 and 8 but day 8 I had black panties on so couldn't really see and it was driving me mad! I've had a lot of cramps, but also did last month. I love this site and being able to log symptoms then compare to last months, look at the stats etc! I did a test in the afternoon of 11dpo but negative. I was pretty sad but thought its only our 2nd month. But then this morning I thought I'd do another, just to put my mind at ease and ready to expect af this weekend. I really thought we hadn't dtd enough this month, but then... After about 3 minutes I saw a faint line appear! I was in shock, went and got a drink, came back and it was still there! I got my DH who was at first upset I did the test without him this time (but told him it was only as I thought it would be negative!), but yes he could see the line too! We are going to do more tests tomorrow morning and day after just to be sure. He is more cautious than me about it, saying not to get too excited and see how the next few days go.
Symptoms this month included bloating, some gas, feeling more tired than usual the last week, lots of cramps down there the last week, increased CM and the brown spotting.
I had not used opk (but had planned to next month), but did use conceive plus before dtd, also I was taking folic acid, b6, vitamin d, vitamin e and zinc, drank decaff green tea and 2 cups of normal tea a day. I also put my feet up for approx 20mins after dtd to help!
Good luck and baby dust to everyone out there xxx

DD born 18th April 2015 DS born 1st May 2018

0 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo