Community post

Success story

Positive!!!

After an unsuccessful attempt last fall, DH and I took a long break from TTC. I am a strong believer in "everything happens for a reason" and I am now even more convinced of this. In the spring, my husband took a new job which required us to pack up our beautiful country home, leave our family, drive across the country and settle into a basement apartment until our home sold. If we had been successful last fall, I would be doing all of this while 8-9 months pregnant. NO THANK YOU!

Now that we are out here and somewhat settled. We thought it might be a good time to start trying again. It would give us 9 more months to really settle in before baby arrived, and my maternal itch wasn't willing to wait much longer. We assumed it was going to be another few months of trying before anything happened, but we were very wrong!

Because my husband is a pilot, his job requires him to be away from home quite often. Because of this, I didn't want to drive myself too crazy by monitoring my temps and trying to pin point exact ovulation, because chances are he wouldn't be home and I would just be angry that we were missing out on prime baby making time. So I watched my CM (kind of hard not to notice that anyways) and we just did the deed as often as we could. I don't know my exact O date, but I suspect we BD'ed about 3 times in the fertile period.

I recorded my O date as the last day I saw fertile CM, so my TWW stats are based on an estimated O.

Here is my TWW symptoms:

2 DPO: I had WICKED heartburn. It didn't last long, but while I had it, I honestly thought my chest was going to explode. I do not get heartburn regularly.

3-12 DPO: Just noticed some above average bloating and gas. I thought it was just in my head and that it was likely just my diet. But around 12 DPO I threw on a bikini to go paddle boarding and I swear I looked like a cow, it was like my uterus was out there to greet the world. I figured it was just pre AF bloating mixed with hot temps and some pub food the night before.

13 DPO: Pronounced veins in my boobies. Looked like a spider web (DH noticed too so it wasn't just in my head). Later in the day my boobs started to get pretty tender on the sides. I don't normally have sore breasts before AF, so this got me wondering.

So, once DH left for work, I took a dollar store test. Very faint line appeared. I thought I must just have line eye, I was probably just looking too hard for it. So I busted out the digital gold FRER (I would be so mad if it was a BFN because those tests are NOT cheap!!!!), but lo and behold, my BFP!!!!! There was no denying the bold YES on that screen.

I waited up until 1:30 am for DH to get home, and just calmly sat on the couch, he came in the room and I just grinned and held the test up for him. He just yelled "ARE YOU SERIOUS" (with a few extra naughty words tossed in)! He was happy, shocked and scared half to death all at the same time!

I went to the dr. the next day and my urine test came back inconclusive, so they sent me for blood work. BFP on the blood work, but I guess its still quite early in the pregnancy so my hCG levels are quite low. Heading back for another test on Monday to ensure they are climbing appropriately! Now at 16 DPO and my only real symptom is the breasts. They are so tender I don't even want to put on a bra. Looks like I'll be hiding out in my basement braless for a few days!

Hope you enjoy my story! Good luck to you all! :)

0 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo