Community post

Journal

Update 8dp5dFET - TEST RESULT UPDATE

Negative. This cycle is not looking good for me again. I didn't get a positive until 9dpt last time but that didn't end well, so I was hoping I would get one earlier this time. I tested this morning and it was still negative, so my positivity is dwindling. I have my first doctor's appointment since my transfer tomorrow because of the hurricane. They will check my progesterone and estrogen levels and they'll probably do another secret beta but won't tell me the result. I'm going to tell the nurse that I'm getting negative home pregnancy tests and ask her if there's any chance left.

As far as symptoms go I don't really have many. I know that pregnancy symptoms aren't necessarily common this early especially if I'm still getting negatives on my pregnancy tests, but yesterday night I had a whole lot of strong pressure and cramping and this morning I feel some pressure again. I don't necessarily count this as a symptom because progesterone can cause that but it does give me the tiniest bit of hope. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll see the smallest glimmer of line on a pregnancy test but in all honesty I'm not holding my breath this time. I will let you ladies know if there are any changes or updates. My official beta is next Wednesday and that will be the final say. Thanks for checking in on me and for all of your support. I really appreciate it more than you know.

UPDATE: Well of course they didn't run the secret beta this time, but she did it for me when I called and it was negative. They still want me to come in next Wednesday for my official beta "just in case", but she also scheduled my post cycle consultation, so they know good and well it won't be different. It's hard to swallow, but it is what it is. Chad is a mess. He's devestated. I think he wanted this even more than me, which is hard to fathom. We're going to get out of town this weekend, at least for a day trip, so we can think of something else. Time to start gathering questions to ask the doctor, but I have no idea when we'll be able to do it again.

User Image

23 Comments • 6 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 23 Comments | Last Page

Try to keep positive love, I hope everything goes well tomorrow I'm still crossing everything for you.

6 years ago

Thank you. <3. I'm really trying. Sometimes I'm good and sometimes not. Not sure what we'll be able to do after this one. That's the scariest part.

User Image

6 years ago • Post starter

Pressure and cramps sound like good signs. Sending hope and sticky vibes your way. :)

6 years ago

Don't worry about that yet. I'm sure that you and Chad can regroup and figure out the next step, but hopefully that won't be the case.

6 years ago

Hang in there. You're not out yet! Sounds like your body is doing something with the pressure etc. You're feeling. I am keeping everything crossed for you!! Good luck!

6 years ago

Thank you Tracy, Lib ana Starmama. I tested again this morning and it was the most negative it could be. That means I am technically 14 dpo, and I'm out. I don't think anything would/could happen now, and if it did, I don't think it would be healthy enough to make it. If by some miracle I did end up preggo, I wouldn't feel very confident about it's viability.

I'm not sure what all the strong cramps were from, for the last two day, or burning boobs, but I probably just have really high progesterone. I'm going to have those levels taken today and try to get as much info from the nurse as possible, but of course they don't like to say too much.

Oh well, I'm very sad and disappointed, but not getting pregnant is easier than getting pregnant and losing it, as so many of you unfortunately know. I'll keep yall posted.

User Image

:( Thanks for the update Renee, but sorry to hear the news isn't great. Sending hugs and continued hope your way.

6 years ago

I know it is hard to stay positive but try to. It's not over yet! They tell you not to test early for a reason

Me: 31 DH: 32 TTC #1 September 2014: 1st IUI - BFN October 2014: 2nd IUI - BFN December 2014: laparoscopy and hysteroscopy - RE removed endometriosis and septum in the uterus. January 2015: 3rd IUI - BFN March 2015 - 1st IVF - we transferred 1 embryo and froze 1embryo - chemical June 2015 - 2nd IVF - we transferred 2 embryos and froze 2 embryos - User Image

6 years ago

I don't think this is early. Most clinics do a beta around this time. Mine does a secret beta, and I'm going to ask them what the result was when they call me. All hope is not lost, but I have to be realistic. Thanks for the encouragement Basia and Lib!!!

User Image

Keep us posted on what the doctors say, I really hope you aren't out.

6 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo