Community post

Journal

TTC story - Part 2 and current situation

So I had my CD #21 blood work done first as I had already missed CD #3 for that month and my progesterone was 14.08, confirming that I ovulated, and my anti-mullerian hormone (indicator of ovarian reserve/egg supply) was 2.48, which I understand to be satisfactory. That was a relief to hear. I couldn't get my CD #3 blood work done in February as I was out of town when my period began and so I had it done last week and have not received the results yet.

So that is my TTC so far. I know that this is the tip of the ice burg compared to other's experience and that I'm technically still in the "normal" 12-month time period. I'm just tired of the cycles of hope & disappointment month after month and I'm scared that it's not going to happen for our family. I looked into my insurance benefits and they will pay for an infertility work-up/investigation but not for an treatments or fertility assistance. So unfortunately I don't think that we will be able to afford IUI or IVF if it comes to that. I worry about the widening age gap between my son and a sibling and I worry about my son growing up alone and having to one day make decisions about his father and I without anyone to help. I have 2 other siblings and I always imagined least 2 children, if not more, of my own. If we do conceive again I will have a deeper understanding what a blessing it is.

I'm trying to let go of expectations and find peace that whatever is supposed to happen will happen.

0 Comments • 7 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo