Community post

Journal

DE IVF Abroad

We finally had our follow up today with Dr A. Reviewing our previous attempts, he said we have 3 choices: 1) Try Again as before (with likelihood of poor results), 2) Donor Egg or 3) Give Up.
He said that DE abroad was the best choice if we did want to go down that route because there was no waiting list and a huge choice of donors. This is due to anonymity guaranteed to the donor and the fact that they get paid. He said that I have low ovarian reserve. I was surprised to hear this because it hadn't been said before. I had started to wonder if there was some other reason for the low number of eggs (maybe the endo in the ovary or high estrogen was battling the FSH?). He said that he'd known this since the beginning. (!)
Anyway, we all agreed that we had all tried the best we can and that DE was the way forward - assuming the idea itself was acceptable to us. Dr A has agreed to make a referral for us to a couple of clinics abroad that he has worked with previously and that he trusts (genuine people, not just out to make a buck, as he put it). He said that he would pass on all the relevant info to them and if they required any tests or scans, he would be happy to arrange this through them. Also, any meds can be arranged through them, which would make life easier.
He said that he didn't really know about the clinic in Athens we had started a dialogue with and that while they could well be a decent clinic, he had no way of knowing this. He could only vouch for the one in Alicante and another in Cyprus. Rather than make an expensive leap into the unknown, we will probably go with one of these clinics that he knows are good to work with.
So, there you have it. Early thoughts are to wait until next summer holidays when I don't have any work anyway - and which will give us a little longer to gather money. There is no real rush with Donor Eggs - you have the same chance even as you get older. It is the age of the donor that counts.
I feel better to have made some kind of decision and to feel that Dr A agreed with our own ideas about the way forwards.

5 years TTC. Endometriosis and adenomyosis. Surgery. 2 IVFs. No joy. Low ovarian reserve. Is there any real hope? DE IVF = next step. Much higher success rates, but so used to things not working, it's hard to feel too hopeful. Wishing others an easier time.

4 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

Happy that you can come up with a workable solution. Fx that next year like now, ur baby will be growing in ur belly or even here enjoying the festivities. Hugs

After 6 years TTC with MFI number 1 was born December 12 2018

8 years ago

Have you had your AMH tested? It is way more indicative of ovarian reserve than FSH. Consider the Czech Republic, Prague, for DE. The best IVF clinics are found there. Best wishes and praying for wise decisions.

8 years ago

One of my choices is DE abroad, we are still considering one in Greece and one in Cyprus. Serum in Athens is meant to be amazing. gl xxx

8 years ago

Mozart, AMH and FSH are normal. But I produce 0-5 eggs and they develop slowly each IVF cycle. So apparently that is an indicator of low ovarian reserve. Thanks for your advise.

5 years TTC. Endometriosis and adenomyosis. Surgery. 2 IVFs. No joy. Low ovarian reserve. Is there any real hope? DE IVF = next step. Much higher success rates, but so used to things not working, it's hard to feel too hopeful. Wishing others an easier time.

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo