Community post

Journal

AF due today and BFN yesterday

Hello everyone,

I am feeling a little down and out :( AF is due to day and my sister wanted me to take a HPT and it was negative.

My fear of not being able to get pregnant is really starting to get the best of me!

I have PCOS and I had weight loss surgery about a year ago to help with my PCOS and other medical problems of mine. Since I had the surgery my cycle have came every month but they are anywhere from 33-40 days long!

We have been TTC since 7/21/2015 so I new at all this but already feel like this is going to take forever. I recently had my paraguard IUD removed on the july 21st.

Once a new cycle i am going to start fertilitea and fertilaid.

How did you ladies get thru the stress and fear and not being able to get pregnact?

I am a natural worry wart so this isnt helping me lol

Megan 29 DP Tony 32 TTC #1 PCOS 10 years Weightloss surgery 4-1-15 cycle 33-38 days long AF for 17months User Image

8 Comments • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Comments

Honestly, I don't think there is anything I could say that would make you not worry about it. For me though, I had to make the conscious decision to not let myself obsess over it. I take my temperature every morning, I use OPK's, I take my vitamins and supplements, I give my husband his vitamins and supplements, we BD at the right time, and I pray. Other than that, it's completely out of my hands, so I just try to continue living my life like normal. I'm not going to tell you to relax and it'll happen because I want to drop kick people when they say that to me (been trying for 16 months with male factor infertility), but honestly you have to make the decision for yourself to not stress and worry about it. You choose to be happy, and when you do get pregnant, be happy and thankful.

Congrats on getting healthy though!! That's such a wonderful thing, and it's great that you decided to do that for yourself. Good luck, and I pray that it happens for you quickly.

User Image

8 years ago

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am taking my temperature every morning, usind OPK's, taking my viamins. I haven't gave my husband any yet. I really am trying to relax and enjoy my life! I think I am just so excited that we made this decision and I want it to happen like yesterday but I am a firm believer that all good things take time! I continue to pray that everything will work out for me and you as well!

Megan 29 DP Tony 32 TTC #1 PCOS 10 years Weightloss surgery 4-1-15 cycle 33-38 days long AF for 17months User Image

8 years ago • Post starter

Sounds like you're doing everything right! It is so exciting when you do finally decide that it's time to start your family. My husband and I are still excited, even though we've been trying for so long. We know it's going to happen someday, somehow, and that keeps us going. Every month we get excited around ovulation time, and we get excited during the tww. We've learned to control our excitement because we have been diagnosed with fertility issues, but that doesn't keep us from having faith and hope. Don't automatically count yourself out just because you have PCOS. You may have no problems getting pregnant at all. I've see that happen so many times (including my sister in law). Just give it some time and really enjoy this special time with your husband, because the day you do get that BFP is the day your relationship changes forever. :)

User Image

8 years ago

Thank you for making me look at the positive side of this! We always said we didnt want children and then out of the blue we started to talk about it and we then committ to it. When took the test yesterday I could see his dissappointed and I have to admit that made me fall more in love with him! I was upset myself but i didnt let it get the best of me and I just told him we just have to practice more and he loved the sound of that!

PCOS is what has me so scared! I have been getting my period for 17 months now it is just long. I am hopefull that we will be ok, i just had the unkwoining lol.

I WISH YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND THE BEST OF LUCK AND YOU WILL GET YOUR BFP SOON!!!!

So how is this next cycle going? Are you temping?

User Image

8 years ago

Hello,

We are actually pregnant! We got our BFP on aug 8th. :) How is this cycle going for you?

Oh that's awesome! I knew it wouldn't take you long! Congratulations!

My cycle will be ending worth AF today or tomorrow, but that's ok. We know that my husband's issue gives us a very very slim chance of natural conception. Good luck with your pregnancy. :)

User Image

8 years ago

Thank you! I wish you guys the best of luck! I am sending lots of baby dust your way :)

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo