Community post

Journal

From bad to worse...

After the scan saying that the sac was empty I had to go back on Wednesday to confirm again, and also try look for the other embryo that was transfered - which had done a vanishing act.
The IVF clinic confirmed the blighted ovum and advised of my various options then proceeded to scan my tubes and look for the other one.

I got told I was fine, booked an appointment for 2 weeks time to make sure nature had taken it's course and discuss next steps.

An hour later I had a phone call saying that a doctor had a quick look over the scan and was a little concerned (mainly because I'd been having some left sided pain) and wanted to refer me to the early pregnancy unit at hospital, but said he'd call back on Friday just to see how I was as it may not be nessessary.
On Thursday morning I received another call telling me I had to leave work and go to hospital right away, as closer looks to the scan showed that I may have an ectopic pregnancy.

I took myself straight there, ended up in surgery. They confirmed the ectopic pregnancy, removing my left tube and also said I have endometriosis which badly damaged the tube anyway. During surgery they did a d&c for the blighted ovum, I woke up from surgery so sick it didn't feel real. I then had an allergic reaction and my face swelled up like a big red blotchy balloon. Luckily that's gone down now, and Ive discharged myself and I'm at home recovering.

I think ttc can wait a little while now, I have a lot of healing to do - both physically and mentally.

1 Comment • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

OMG... big hugs xxxxxxxx

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo