Community post

Journal

My tcc journey

I have one child, a little girl, age 16months. She was concieved naturally, by surprise! :) We have been trying to conceive since early 2014. Found out that I stopped ovulating on my own. So in May 2014 we started using provera (to induce cycles when they last too long) and 50mg Clomid. On my first cycle of clomid I conceived, but had a subchronic hemorrhage and started bleed at 4.5weeks. Had ultrasound at 4.5, 5.5, 6.5, 7.5 weeks and all was fine. However, I continued to bleed. Found out at my 12week ultra that I had a missed miscarriage at about 10.5weeks. No heartbeat found. Had a D&C august 18. Started back on clomid my next natural cycle, received another positive pegnancy test in September, but then received period/miscarried less than a week later, however my hcg levels didn't drop back to normal for 3weeks. We had to skip a month TTC until my next cycle. My cycle started on November 10th, I got a positive opk on cycle days 19 through cycle day 29(lh surge may have been longer but I ran out of tests. Usually my surg lasts only 2-4 days. I was told I should only take opks until the first positive but I always feel like we should bd as much as possible through the lh surg...makes it had to know when or if I ovulated this cycle. Oh well, I digress) I'm guessing I am around 13DPO, I'm on cycle day 34. I generally have ovulated on or a few days after cycle day 18 since starting clomid with a 34 or 35 day cycle. I am instructed to wait until day 40 without period and negative pregnancy test before inducing cycle with provera and starting clomid again. I took a pregnancy test two days ago (digital clear blue) and it was negative. Today I took a dollar tree imitation kept test and from what I can tell, it is a very faint positive. I did post it for polling, as at the 4 minute mark when I took the pic my husband said he couldn't see any line. At ten minutes in my opinion it had darkened a bit and he said maybe there was a line but thinks I was just seeing evaporation line. Maybe it's just really overly hopeful and wishful thinking. So far though on the poll people have voted positive... So maybe I'm not crazy and maybe my husband just needs his eyes checked. Lol! Hopefully, this is our month. Fingers crossed!!!! I guess I'll wait to retest until day 40 if no period comes. By then it should be a strong positive. I just hate to get my hopes up and find it is only a chemical pregnancy like i had the last time. Waiting is so hard!!

0 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo