Community post

Journal

Please help!

I haven't been on here for a while. Not because I can't be bothered or appreciate all you lovely ladies support but because I have been trying to do what all the doctors recommend and just try to stop thinking so much about ovulating and baby making so it will just happen. The thing is I can't get this problem out of my head. Its eating away at me and really making me question if we should just stop.
Here goes...
We have been trying to conceive for over a year now and its something we both want, or so I thought.
We have both been taking vitamins, light exercising . I have cut out caffeine, make sure I eat properly and stay as healthy as I can.
I thought my partner was being so great and supportive. I'm a very opened minded person and I know boys will be boys and do...well what they do if you catch my drift. I just let him know my ovulation week is coming up and to concentrate on saving them for that. Last month I told him its ovulation week and I come home early from work on a quiet day and there he is just going for it in bed! On the very day that is crucial! My initial reaction wasn't great, I think it was something along the lines of "what the f&@k" and just walking off and not coming home for nearly 6 hours. Just went to my friends and cried for a good portion of that. We had a long talk and I explained how bad I felt every month that I wasn't pregnant, how I felt I let him down because he was being so supportive etc then the only time I ever ask anything from him, at an important time he could be jeopardising our chances. So I get over it, try and move on and this month, let him know. Think things are A Okay, I'm doing the hoovering, hover under the bed and the Hoover sucks a ball of wet toilet roll, yeah you guessed it. So he's not even hiding it. I just want to clarify that I do not have a problem at all with my partner pleasuring himself any other time than that one week per month. Heck he can reduce it to a stump if he is happy. Right now I'm just devastated, he was the one who started the "let's try for our baby" conversation last year. Right now, I just want to stop. I've tried to talk to him and he is point blank denying it..claims its from over a week ago, I'm sure you's are not buying that one either. It was fresh believe me. We don't know if there is a problem and with whom because they won't test us until we have been ttc for two years. I don't understand that because on here people are saying 1 year.
I feel hurt and stupid like he is making a fool of me. I feel like its too much.
Any advice?? Am I being a drama queen?

4 Comments • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

I have had this conversation with dh a few times. I also send him the crucial dates and tell him that his soldiers are ONLY for me during this time. Honestly though, I wouldn't have a clue if he is sticking to the rules. If I found a wad of wet toilet paper ANYTIME during that week, I think I would lose my nut. We all know it dries after a few hours...

9 years ago

I honestly don't understand. I really just don't know what to do and I don't want it to make me paranoid because that isn't going to help ttc at all. When I said that maybe we shouldn't be trying if he can't make the tiniest of sacrifices for 1 week for something so amazing, he got so upset and remorseful, then this . Arghhhh

9 years ago • Post starter

And as for the denying it and saying it was from over a week ago, i Hoover ever day, he knows this so why even come out with such a half assed lie?

9 years ago • Post starter

I will never understand men and their compulsion to self indulge 10 times a day. Sorry I can't be more useful, maybe try and not worry too much about it this time, give him the benefit of the doubt (hmmm).

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo