Community post

Journal

Blood test result

So the blood test came back negative for pregnancy, and I'll find out the results of the hormone tests on Monday. Cycle day 45 and still no af. Maybe Dr was correct in assuming that the pain I felt last Tuesday ( Jan 14) was due to ovulating, which would mean af is not due till either tomorrow or Monday. Anyway been looking into soy isoflavones to try starting CD 2. I heard that the Wal-Mart brand, "Spring Valley" has worked well for some women. The problem is DH absolutely loathes Wal-Mart and anything they have. So he would rather spend $33 on Twin Lab brand then buy the ~ $10 one from Wal-Mart. But with the Twin Lab brand the highest dose I could take without overdosing would be 160mg because it comes in 80mg per pill. I don't know if taking such a low dose will give me the results I want. So I am still looking into other brands.

3 Comments • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Comments

What do u mean by overdosing? U would need to take a lot of iso's to reach an overdose. What doses were u looking at taking? If u havent done them before or taken clomid, 80mg for a first cycle would actually make a difference. U could also do 160 for the first cpl days then drop ur dose. Theres no right or wrong, just play around with it til u see what does and doesnt work for u. Black Cohosh is another phytoestrogen, much weaker than soy but it does make somewhat of a diff to a cycle.
Lemme know if u want some help or ideas.
Good luck!! =))

10 years ago

Thanks for responding. From what I read, you don't really want to exceed 200mg, so that it's what I meant, I don't really want to go over that. I would appreciate any help or ideas you could give me. With our first daughter, we had stopped actively trying because I was very unhealthy and under weight so getting pregnant was truly a miracle. Now I am much healthier, definitely not underweight and have made very big steps towards a healthier lifestyle. Been ttc since August and been off bc pills since June. Not getting pregnant is killing me. Any help would be a blessing.

10 years ago • Post starter

I never paid attention to the "maximum" levels crap, tbh. They compare SI to clomid but half the strength, then they say dont take more than 200mg yet the max of clomid is 200mg. Go by what ur body tells u. All Ive ever read about exceeding the "max" dose, is not to do it...never why. Ive never done under 200 and have yet to have an issue. Dont get me wrong, Im not telling u to start at 200 and go up from there, Im just saying the big "do not exceed" warning, imo, is bs. U can try a cycle at 80-100 and see what needs to be tweeked from there for the next cycle. Play with days and doses, sometimes its not so much the dose as it is the days taken...and vice versa.
My BFP cycle was SI 1-3 @ 320, Clomid 4-8 @ 150 and Black Cohosh 1-12 @ 120mg. Eventually u will find ur combo.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo