Community post

Discussion

Am I pregnant or just getting fat?

For the last 6 months while my husband was deployed I have been losing a ton of weight but lately (since we started trying to get pregnant) I have been wanting junk food even though I usually don't. It's uncontrollable and I am hungry all the time. I just want to eat until I'm so full I can't stand it. I feel very heavy and I'm afraid that maybe I'm just gaining the weight back. I have been really tired for a couple of weeks but today I got a crazy burst of energy. Maybe it was the ice cream? I've had a lot of CM for about a week and cramping but neither of those symptoms today. Am I crazy or do the symptoms come and go throughout the days?

4 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Replies

How many dpo are you? Are you close enough to when your AF is due that you can take a HPT? I know that often times the stress of TTC can cause the munchies & weight gain for sure. That alone is not necessarily a pregnancy symptom. But hunger, tiredness, cramping...all these things can definitely be early pregnancy symptoms for a lot of women. And yes, the cramping, tiredness, nausea, basically any symptom can definitely come & go from day to day during pregnancy. When I was preggo with my DD I would feel like I had been run over by a truck on Monday & by Tuesday felt so good I was sure I wasn't really pregnant at all!

11 years ago

I'm only 9DPO and AF is due on the 10th of this month so I guess I will just wait until then to take another test. I took a test today and it was BFN and it just added to the stress. I've been having anxiety all day and it's just not helping the situation. My husband urges me to try and stay calm so I don't stress out the baby if I am pregnant. I'm just trying to push through it until we know for sure.

11 years ago • Post starter

cdabbott,

Hang in there. The waiting part is the absolute worst! I wouldn't get stressed about the bfn..it's still just so early to test. We can be HPT buddies! My AF is due on 11th so I will be testing around the same time as you. I hope the time flies by for you. Let me know if you get any more symptoms, or how your final HPT works out. STAY AWAY AF!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!

11 years ago

Thanks chanda! Yes I'd love to be buddies, I added you as a friend :) I hope AF stays far far away for about 9 months lol. I guess we will find out. Good luck!!!!
baby dust baby dust baby dust

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo