Community post

Journal

Support System

I'm frustrated because my husband isn't really interested in starting a family. All he can think about is the cost. He thinks baby; he immediately thinks dollar signs. Since he is my best friend (literally, not in the cliche way that people say that) its hard for me to know how to react to his complete disinterest in starting a family. I mean he's going through the motions, but less than a month into it, he was already complaining about feeling used or hating sex on a schedule. I kind of feel like beating him unconscious with a blunt object and harvesting his sperm without his knowledge. Yup. I've officially lost it. I just wish I had someone who would let me vent. I've wanted children since I was in my early 20s but I wanted to do it the "right" way and wait until I was married. Now that we're there, the idea of more delays drives me nuts. I think if he hated children I could stomach this easier but he LOVES kids and they LOVE him. I just feel so awful about this. Who needs this kind of stress on top of everything else?

2 Comments • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

My husband was the exact same way. Set against it. We would fight like crazy about it. But I prayed and prayed and prayed that God would turn his heart. One day off from work, he saw a documentary about child prodigies and it just clicked. Now my husband takes vitamins religiously, holds my legs up after sex, or puts his legs up with mine so I don't feel alone, and prays with me every day for God to grow our family. Same man? I have to pinch myself at the thought that just a few months ago we were fighting about it. So, I'm recommending prayer. God CAN! ;-)

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

12 years ago

Thanks Hudson. I've been praying relentlessly for a baby but I hadn't thought to pray that my husband's heart might be changed. Such a simple fix. :-) God will!!

12 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo