Community post

Journal

FRUSTRATING!!!

Ok, I'm going to vent because I HAVE to get this off my chest!

I think I'm pretty much out for this cycle. Last BD was Friday night, positive opk Saturday but no BD and then the 'failed' attempt this morning (damn showers making things slippery and... well, that's all I'll say about that rofl) means I don't think we'll be having much luck this cycle.
Between our last BD and when I've likely Od has been roughly 48 hours. Normally I wouldn't be so pessimistic but I was reading a website for people with trouble ttc and they said that even though the 'official' line is that sperm lasts from between 1-2 days, most of the time it only lives up to two hours. We'd be pushing it in the extreme if that's the case.
Not to mention the fact that my body is SERIOUSLY messing with me! Low, open, firm cervix. What the hell does THAT mean?! I mean, open is good. Very good. Low and firm is supposed to be infertile! Oh yeah, and I can't forget the fact that occasionally when I wipe I get kind of stretchy ewcm, but when I actually do an internal to check... Creamy, and (yep, over-share time) that kind of tart vinegary smell that indicates an infertile phase.

WHAT THE?!!
(Ok, so I just had a bit of a giggle over how much we do over-share when ttc rofl).

Hrmph. I'm desperately hoping that I didn't actually O and that I'll have a second LH surge like I did last cycle. Last cycle I had the sore boobs, bad skin and cramping that I usually get at af time (which seems to be normal for O time now too). Then 2 weeks later was when I actually Od.
I'm hoping I'm lucky and that I'll actually have another LH surge at the end of the week accompanied by the proper ewcm that has been missing so far.

I just checked my BBT now (yeah yeah, I know, midnight BBTs aren't exactly reliable. At all.) but it's still at 36.5 which is my average for before ovulation. I don't know whether to be happy that it's not higher because that might mean we'll have another shot this cycle, or disappointed because it means that the outside chance of Friday's BDing achieving anything will be a daydream.
I'm going to keep an eye on my BBT because if my suspicions are correct and I did actually O as I (text book) should have, it should have jumped up in the morning. If it hasn't it might be that my body geared for O and didn't actually get there like last cycle and we'll get another chance.

User Image

1 Comment • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Comments

Praying for u!

After 6 years TTC with MFI number 1 was born December 12 2018

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo