Community post

Question

How exactly does an OPK work? Why do I get a light line one time, and no line the next?

I am confused how OPK's work. I had an early/spontaneous MC on 2/17. I bled until 2/19. I has EWCM on the 26th so I took an ovulation test. I'm leaning towards neg, but confused because of the first response test I took today has no test line at all. Thoughts?(Photo in my HPT images)

1 Answer • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Ur LH levels fluctuate throughout the day, everyday, so ur tests will do the same as well. Tests also depend a lot on urine concentration, this can make a huge diff between a positive and no (or next to no) line at all. Then there's the test used, like hpt's, some opk's are more sensitive than others. Some opk's have a threshold of 25 or 30. A surge only needs to hit >20, so getting more sensitive opk's is beneficial for those who may not surge much higher than a 20.
Hope that helps a bit. Good luck! =))

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo