Community post

Question

Can't fall pregnant after 2 years.

My partner and i have being trying to conceive for 2 years now and this is my first month on Clomid, I'm almost ready to give up. I have two children a 10 n 7 year old. I just don't know why I can't fall pregnant again, can anyone tell me if they have been in this position and ended up having another baby?

4 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I haven't personally been in this situation but I know ladies who have. If you haven't already I'd suggest making an appointment with a Reproductive Endocrinologist. I see that you're on Clomid so you may already been under the care of a RE but if you're doing that through your ob/gyn I'd suggest seeing a RE.

Hopefully you won't be TTC much longer. Wishing you the best.

TTC #1: January 2015- October 2015 BFP #1: October 16, 2015. MC: November 6, 2015 BFP #2: March 15, 2016. MC: March 21, 2016 TTC Rainbow: November 2015- Present

8 years ago

Thanks, yes Im seeing a gyn at the moment, but if its still the same in a few more months my partner n I have decided to do IVF. I hope it doesn't come to that cause I would really love to conceive on my own. My fingers are crossed for this month to be our month :)

8 years ago • Post starter

I finally conceived my first baby with ivf after 6 1/2 years of trying so definitely don't give up yet! Since you already have 2 children you might just have a small problem preventing another pregnancy. That's a huge jump from ob/gyn to ivf! There are so many steps that can and need to be taken in between. Get a referral for an RE asap as most obs just aren't equiped to investigate or help with infertility issues. Have you both been tested yet? I highly suggest having all your hormone levels checked, your amh (egg supply) checked, an hsg or ssh (rule out clogged tubes or uterine issues), possibly a follicle study by ultrasound to confirm ovulation and your partner's semen analysis all done. If all those check out you can start with clomid or injectables with either timed intercourse or an IUI to give you a boost. You should only move on to IVF after all those are exhausted or a more serious problem is found during testing. IVF is extremely hard on you! I went through it 6 times!

8 years ago

Took me over 3 years to get pregnant. I discovered I had a thyroid problem and high prolactin. We tried everything short of fertility treatments. I got a polyp removed a year ago and fell pregnant 2 months later. Not sure why exactly but it was not expected (we weren't "really" trying and were only intimate once). I definitely suggest seeing a RE as they can do further testing and treatments. It felt like it took forever and I was completely frustrated by it all. I think what finally worked was getting my thyroid and prolactin normal and I think the polyp removal definitely helped.

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo