Community post

Question

Very Faint positive or evap on dollar store test after only 10 minutes? I'm only 10dpo

I took an assured brand dollar tree test today (not fmu) and nothing came up initially at all. At about 5 minute mark I noticed the pink dye still going across test so I decided to give it a few more minutes and low and behold it looks like a faint positive but I'm not sure because it's technically after the 5 minute mark. The line does seem to have a little color and is easier to see in person than in photo I took and posted. What does it mean? Second very faint line appeared at about 10 to 15 minutes at the most.

6 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Answer from Ashley (submitted on Facebook) "dollar store tests are never clear before 10 minutes in my experience."

8 years ago

Answer from Shawnie (submitted on Facebook) " i tend to trust them more if the strip is still wet than if it was dry (causing an evap line). Either way, go get a few more and test again after not going potty for at least 4 hours, and definitely again with fmu. GOOD LUCK! (i've had 3 kids of my own and 2 surrogate babies for a total of 5 pregnancies)"

8 years ago

The test was still very wet. Line showed up about 12 minutes into test to be precise. I took another one about 2 hours later and bfn. Nothing there. I'm going to try again tomorrow with fmu. Was it an evaluation that clear and early? Omg I'm going nuts

8 years ago • Post starter

Ok I took another one just a little bit ago and a second line appeared about after 30 minutes but it looks so faint and colorless this time compared to this morning but is def something there again. I'm using assured brand pregnancy tests from the dollar store and have never had evap line from them like from the 2 tests today. Don't want to get bored up

Answer from Bridget (submitted on Facebook) "Use a FRER with FMU"

8 years ago

I tested this morning with fmu with another dollar store test and got a bfn :( didn't want to go spend the money and use a frer for this early on yet. I guess yesterday's test was just a dud. :( :( :( I'm 11dpo today so I think something would've showed today if I was pregnant. I think I'm out for this cycle.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo