Community post

Question

Anyone else experience random unexplained spotting throughout their cycle?!

Hi everyone,
This past year or so I've begun having seemingly random days of spotting throughout my cycle. I do sometimes spot when I ovulate, it's definitely not that. And it's not after period leftover spotting either. Like today is cd12 for me and yesterday and today I had one instance where I went to the bathroom and (sorry if tmi)when I wiped there was a small amount of bright red blood, and that's all I have for the rest of the day. I have not ovulated yet. I may also have a day or two during the TWW where I get the same thing. It usually does not coralate with DTD or anything that I can think of that would usually cause it. It doesn't come with cramps or pain of any sort. It doesn't happen every cycle either. I'm just wondering if anyone else experiences this and what, if anything, it could mean, or if it's normal. Thanks.

2 Answers • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

If you're not on hormonal contraception such as the pill or mirena and the spotting isn't a result of an irritated cervix, then you should definitely go to the doctor to have it checked out because it could indicate a health problem. In fact, you could mention it any way just in case, better safe than sorry. Good luck.

8 years ago

Thanks for replying!! I have never used any hormonal contraceptive of any kind...

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo