Community post

Question

Did I have a chemical pregnancy?

So last month we started TTC and when I thought I was starting to have implantation spotting ,it turned out into the heaviest period I've ever had. I assumed it was a chemical pregnancy and so counted that as a period as well, but it came around 4 days before my period was due.
So firstly, that sounds like a chemical pregnancy right? Secondly, if it was one, and I noted it as my period, does that mean that I would ovulate as I would normally, around 14 days into my cycle? Or will my ovulation come 14 ish days after when my cycle was supposed to start, meaning it would actually be around 4 days after I thought?
I was getting cramps and discharge at between 3dpo-7dpo, but now I'm thinking that's when I was actually ovulating.
To make matters weirder, I had thick EWCM when I thought I was ovulating, so I wasn't without ovulation symptoms when I thought I was ovulating.
Argh, so confused! Help!

1 Answer • 8 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Don't make it more confusing than you have to. Just make note of the date you started bleeding and count that as CD1. If you think you had a chemical pregnancy then your body might take a wee bit of time to adjust its hormones back to baseline. With that in mind, you may not go on to ovulate at the time you normally do, but do what you'd usually do to track ovulation just don't get in a panic if you get close to the time you usually ovulate and it hasn't happened yet. It's hard to predict ovulation when your body goes through a disruption like that, so just be patient and let it sort itself out.

Me (29) Hubby (35) PCOS Mommy to Miss I (2009), Miss P (2014), and now trying for our third. Can't wait to see a soon!

8 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo