Community post

Question

Can you get Twins on Clomid?

I just started taking clomid because I have P.c.o.s. I am also on Metformin. I heard the clomid can cause multiples? I am looking to talk to other mommy's who have been ttc for a while and are in my situation My hubby and I have been trying for over 2 1/2 years, No luck. Now that i am on clomid I am praying for the best. Input?

3 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Any type of fertility medication can cause multiples. With ovarian stimulation the likelihood that more than 1 egg gets released increases and therefore a greater chance for multiples. It also depends on how well one responds to the medications. GL!

9 years ago

The chances are pretty low but def not impossible. U have a higher chance if u start adding trigger shots. I was on 150mg, no trigger and only had one baby...its a risk ya gotta take if u wanna better ur odds of conceiving.
Good luck! =))

9 years ago

Yes! It does. It can be a 7-10% chance! I took Femara and it has a 4% chance of twins. I released two eggs on it this cycle (monitored by ultrasound before and after ovulation). I did use a trigger shot. However, the odds that two fertilize and implant is very low.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo