Community post

Question

Do I trust signs or the OPK?

This cycle I got a ton of EWCM days 10, 11, and 12, then it was watery for a day before drying up mostly. Day 12 I had a small temp dip. On day 13 I swear to you I felt ovulation when I was sitting at my desk. I felt a strange popping sensation and then felt mildly crampy. I had decided not to do OPK this month so I thought it was O.
So my chart was all over the place after this, up and down. Mostly up. I decided to take a couple OPK just to see what they looked like. Wouldn't you know day 17 I got a positive but that was the only one I got. CD 18 temp dropped.

The thing about all this is my symptoms match up more with the first time I thought I ovulated when I compare them. In fact some of them match pretty darn perfect to my last pregnancy chart.

So what do I believe? My gut tells me I Oed earlier but the test says other wise and fertility friend sort of does (got the dotted line)

2 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I believe you ovulated ~ Cd 13 as you describe EWCM around that timeframe and as you had a sensation that reminded you of ovulation. Since your temperatures were mostly up afterwards I believe you ovulated mid cycle. Your positive opk on CD 17 does not necessarily point to ovulation. Women frequently get them during the lp due to LH surges. I would trust the EWCM signs and your temperature chart. Best wishes and the Lord's blessings.

9 years ago

That is what I am thinking too. I am not even sure I can trust an OPK at this point because my hormones are still a little wonky since my miscarriage. My gut says I am 11dpo not 5dpo!

9 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo