Community post

Question

New to this. Not REALLY trying but not too careful. Roughly 7dpo I think, feeling funny. Thoughts?

I'm about 7dpo, plenty of opportunity in the fertile window. Would be baby #1.
Roughly 5dpo- I went to do the food shopping. I usually eat very little meat, I don't like to touch raw meat and can happily do without it. But I bought a big lump of back bacon for bacon and cabbage and a big pack of minced beef for stew, and even cooked both. Just wanted it SO MUCH! First comment from OH that something might be up...
Yesterday (roughly 6dpo) I felt waves of nausea all day, I stayed in bed, COMPLETELY exhausted. Had dull aching in my abs back and legs, with occasional stabby crampy pain in abs. Super thirsty. I also had a crazy strong metallic taste in my mouth, which I've not heard of before as a symptom, but could be right?
Today (roughly 7dpo) still really tired, in bed again (thank goodness for days off), craving orange juice which I usually don't drink as it gives me heartburn.
I don't want to get carried away but I just feel very odd, not normal under the weather! Thoughts?

8 Answers • 9 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Answers

Hmmm, I think you might be if those symptoms are not your regular pms symptoms. The metallic taste is one of the symptoms of pregnancy i experienced even though i didn't have it till after getting a bfp. Signs differ for different people though so don't worry, rest as much as you can and do hpts starting from maybe 12 dpo?
GL hun

9 years ago

Thanks. They're not usual PMS. I get hungry as hell, and very occasionally crave meat, actually *during* my period, but no real symptoms at this time of the month at all.
Gosh what an excruciating wait!
While I'm at it, I don't understand a lot of the letters people are using.
What is BFP, AF ?

9 years ago • Post starter

Bfp big fat positive af I think means period.

9 years ago

Sorry for the late response. Just like monroezelda said, AF is your period, BFP means a positive result on your pregnancy test and HPT means home pregnancy test.
Have you taken any pregnancy test yet?

9 years ago

No test yet, seemed way too soon. Also, the only days my partner and I can both be home and free to do the test (we work crazy unpredictable long hours) are weekends. So we can try maybe Sunday, 11dpo, and next opportunity will be next Sunday :-/ He would be too sad to miss the test moment!!
2 days on I have had a kind browny tinged discharge, headaches, still so tired, extreme hunger and carnivorous leanings given way to loss of appetite and aversion to meat again. If I'm not preggo there's something proper wrong with me!!
Curious now, what does AF actually stand for!?

I'm experiencing similar symptoms and I'm roughly 8dpo.i don't normally get any Pms symptoms until 2days prior to greeting my period. Did you test yet?

9 years ago

Hi NursingMoto- fingers crossed for you :) i test neg at 10dpo. Due AF today, didn't arrive. Will not have a chance to test until Sunday but will update if i get AF before then, and will update on Sunday.
Updated symptoms incl milky cm, heartburn, lots of nausea
Best of luck and stay well x

15dpo started with spotting, which got heavier. Not full flow AF, and pink & brown rather than red, but increasing. BFN. Think that's me done for this month :(

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo