Community post

Question

Is it possible that I ovulated on day 7?!

I found it strange that we were not getting pregnant as we have never had issues in the past. I kept feeling like we missed it - ovulation that is. Until yesterday day 6 of my cycle i noticed EWCM and realized that maybe i have been ovulating super early lately and missing our window to conceive! Does anyone else ovulate this early? I think I am officially ovulating today which is day 7. Is this too early? Will there be issues with the egg?

4 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

It would be completely normal to ovulate on CD 7 if you only have like... 22 day cycles on average (assuming a 14-day luteal phase, that is). It's also possible to have EWCM and not ovulate.

So... how long are your cycles, usually? Regular or irregular?

TTC #1 since Oct. 2011 MC @ 6 weeks, Mar. 2015 (suspected - never confirmed) MC @ 16 weeks, July 2015 CP Oct. 2015 Nov. 13, 2015 @ 15 DPO! for a rainbow baby!

10 years ago

My cycle is about 26 days. interesting you say that. I am having a lot of super clear stretchy CM. You think this could be something other than ovulation?

10 years ago • Post starter

Hi! I've had similar and I think it's our bodies are getting ready to ovulate. I've had EWCM a day or two after my AF so around the same time as CD6 or CD7 and think I've been ovulating earlier sooner than later too! Maybe you should invest in OPK's if you want to detect it accurately? GL and babydust

User Image

10 years ago

Hi just to let you know you can ovulate any time during your cycle. Yes typically the 'normal' is 14 days from the first day of your period. I have a 27 day cycle and ovulate anywhere between 9-12 days.
I do have a long luetal phase in turn. Regardless of when you ovulate as long as you do get baby dancing !
I finally got my bfp this month and ovulated on day 9 so it really doesnt matter. Enjoy ;-)

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo