Community post

Question

hcg levels low!!

I am five weeks pregnant. Had very light brown spotting 3 days ago with very mild cramping. I was very nervous so I rushed to the doc. They did an U/S when I was 4 and 1/2 weeks and found nothing. They said its probably too early to see anything. They wanted to track my hcg levels though. I took my first beta and it came out as 113 and the second one after almost 48 hours came out as 172. The doctor is not very hopeful as it wasn't doubling . She said there is only a small chance that this could be a normal pregnancy and I am likely to miscarry soon. I am so shattered. Now they want to wait for one more week and see how it goes. Did anyone have similar symptpms and have a healthy pregnancy? I am prepping myself for a miscarriage mentally. i hope it's not ectopic as I do not have any cramps/spotting now.

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

You poor thing :( I've done some research myself on my current symptoms, and i think if I am pregnant it will be ectopic due to the fact I'm bleeding lightly ATM and iv had sharp pains :( it's all very scary and sad x

10 years ago

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Its so tough to be in your shoes, I've been there myself. I hope it's not ectopic, and it seems like it is not--you don't have any evidence pointing in that direction so I think you should try not worry about that right now. Its probably not the case. I just had a chemical pregnancy, and I was also worrying like crazy it was ectopic, but it wasn't.

Me: 33, DH: 36, TTC since 9/13 1 chemical ectopic @ 5 weeks 9/13, treated w/ methotrexate 1 chemical @ 4 weeks 2/14 BFP on 3/30/14!!!

10 years ago

So sorry you are going through this. I just had the same thing happen this week. I was supposed to be 6W on Monday (2/17) but I, too, started with light brown spotting on Saturday. Sunday I went to the ER and they saw a just a sac and my hcg levels were 468. Tuesday they were 385, and that afternoon I started the heavy bleeding. So in my case it wasn't a positive ending. What has helped me feel better is that it was so early that it's a natural miscarriage and I know we can TTC ASAP. Lots of hugs to you. I know it hurts.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo