Community post

Question

cycle confusion and breastfeeding

I am trying to chart my ovulation to conceive my fourth and final baby. However I am still breastfeeding so I don't know if that's affecting my cycles. I had a period start Oct 31 and it lasted 6 days then I didn't have another period until Dec 18th so that was a 49 day cycle. That period also lasted 6 day. I decided to use opks and tested everyday I got a positive ovulation test Jan 7,8,9,10, and 11. (yes the test line was darker than control line) then I got my period Jan 15(cd29). but it only lasted 4 days. I am using ovulation test again this month and so far nothing! I'm on cycle day 20 this month the opk test strips are barley getting a test line if at all. is that normal? the ones last month had a line everyday just not dark enough to be positive

1 Answer • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

I am also breastfeeding while TTC another baby. I, too, have long cycles (44-48 days long). At the beginning of my cycle, my opks were coming up with pale lines. That is normal as you typically have a little bit of LH in your system at all times. My opks were pale until CD25 and CD26.Then they got so dark I thought they were positive (when they dried they faded a bit which I thought was odd). After that, I had gotten solid pink lines. They weren't as dark as the control line but they certainly weren't light either. They stayed that way until yesterday (CD33) and the test line was as dark as the control line. Today, CD34, my test line was even darker.

It sounds like your last cycle might have been an anovulatory cycle. Your 4 day period wouldn't be a real period but break-through bleeding. It's only a true period if you've ovulated. Are you temping at all or just using opks?

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo