Community post

Question

what are the preventions for fungal infections?

I have been cured for about 7 times in the past 2 years with the same kinds of drugs prescribed by different doctors. and my vagina has been burning after sexual intercourse recently. I believe that I am so careful about my personal sanitation and my husband does too. Are there any thing else that I should have been careful about. I am going to have a baby in the next year and this problem makes me nervous about my future pregnancy and my sexual life. I really feel physically unhealthy and depressed. Help me!

7 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

Un-perfumed soaps, no bubble baths, pure cotton underwear, always washing after sex (not the best thing to do when trying for a bubba) errrrmmm try a pro biotic drink everyday.

Also over washing your fufu (sorry lol) can cause the natural oils in your body to go, thus making you a bit dry down below.

Have you tried a lubricant for when you are intimate?? There are some good ones to try like pre-seed or conceive plus that wont harm hubbies sperm.

Also if you get a flare up of thrush, a tampon with live yoghurt on it is supposed to be brill.

10 years ago

Forgot to add, make sure hubby is treated as well as this can re-infect you :)

10 years ago

after a long time of dealing with the same issues, one thing never stopped working for me, this was Thyme. Yes thats right! A cooking herb that costs nothing more than $2 at the supernarket! what I found is that this price actually has anti fungal ,antibacterial properties to help, prevent yeast infections, prevent pretty much every type of illness or sickness you may be feeling. I apologize if you see any typos or any mistakes or errors its then I'm actually talking to my phone and it's typing for me. but seriously like you should really try this thyme. all you have to do is go to the supermarket and go to the on the spice section where all the spices are in your supermarket then you make it as a tea, uknow how to brew tea. and just keep taking it on if it's really really back to take it twice a day once I'm in the morning once at night. And if it's really bad um just try another thing to like just tried to make sure you wash with pH balance soap. try summers Eve soap or vagisil wipes

**FMX**

10 years ago

another thing that I forgot to mention is that make sure that your husband brushes his teeth very well before oral sex. I know I'm sorry but just trying to help with many solutions so that you can have um a great understanding of what causes it. Because the problem with having oral sex is that you're always vulnerable to any bacteria that the husband might have in his mouth so just make sure that you let him know Hey Baby um don't forget to brush because I have lately been getting burning down there so I want to make sure that nothings wrong and that no food particles are entering my vaJayJay :) I know in the beginning it might sound embarrassing but it's so much better to have a communication with your husband and be able to talk about things like that and be open and once you do that you feel so much better and you'll be able to make sure that you're living a clean healthy lifestyle and that you will be healthy enough to keep good bacteria in there!

**FMX**

10 years ago

Drink a shot of Apple Cider Vinegar every day, both DH and I take our morning shots and I used to have the same problem and reoccurring UTI's but since doing that I am symptom free! It doesn't taste great but it really helps. Also, maybe he needs to use a daily Jock Itch spray, he could have it and you guys can be passing it back and forth.

10 years ago

Natural treatments work well. I can vouch! I was a victim of assault 8 years ago, and the dr who treated me put me on strong antibiotics just in case. But I got really sick and my body was overcome with thrush. It was the worst part!!!

Anyway, this is what I did and it worked.
1. 2 pills 3xs a day 20 billion multidophilis
2. Plain yogurt once a day
3. Oregano pills
4. Vegetarian diet no sweets diet for 1 month
5. No juices, alcohol or coffee
6. Wheat grass shots
7. Drink 8 glasses of water
8. Wear no panties at home
9. Don't use soap down there
10. Take garlic pills

1 month of this & my thrush disappeared. I take the probiotics still. I have only had 1 y infection in 8 years! This works!!!!

Also, do this before getting Prego. Yeast is acidic and it's hard for a pregnancy to last in an acidic environment.

Best...

10 years ago

Ps do not take garlic or oregano pills during pregnancy. The latter tells your body to shed lining even though its a natural anti yeast antibiotic. The 1st can be consumed via normal food sources while Prego. This garlic in your food can help prevent infections, just don't take it in concentrated pill form.

Also high levels of vitamin c can help yeast infections so avoid v c while trying to realign your body.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo