Community post

Question

Anyone switch from Clomid to Femara and get their BFP?!

Looking for some encouragement on this TWW (or a cycle buddy!). Just had my 3rd IUI on Tuesday (8/13). This is the first time I've done Femara instead of Clomid and wondering if anyone had success with this after trying Clomid?

We've been TTC for 2+ years. I'm 30 and DH is 32 with no issues.

History
Clomid - BFN
Clomid - BFN
IUI #1: Clomid, Follistim, Cetrotide, Trigger - BFN
IUI #2: Clomid, Follistim, Cetrotide, Trigger - BFN
IUI #3: Femara, Follistim, Cetrotide, Trigger - ?

Also taken Progesterone each IUI cycle. Added CoQ10 and DHEA recently.

3 Answers • 10 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Wish I could give you a positive answer, I was switched to femara 4 months ago, it makes me sick and feel rotten all month. Had an iui on August 8 so cycle day 23 for me and feeling af like cramps so that's it for me this month. Best of luck to you!

10 years ago

I switched to Femara I didn't get pregnant but I did O! First time too, I took clomid 2x 50mg, thinned my lining and no O. Femara 5mg no symptoms and I clearly O. I have pcos and didn't have regular af. Femara has even regulated my cycles. I only took it once since I am currently not ttc. I prefer Femara over clomid because it didn't thin my lining like clomid did. With clomid I had to take provera to induce each cycle even after I took it. I have had af 2x naturally after taking Femara. I hope this helps and gl.

me (31) ~ dh (37) dx w/pcos in 2009 ttc since 2000 Met.1000mg, prenatal, provera (11/12) clomid 50mg, Epo 1000mg, preseed and prayer (2/13) "This is my season, and I know I can do all things through Christ Jesus" thanks for my in advance!

10 years ago

Thanks to both of you for the input! I actually didn't have too bad of side effects from the Clomid or the Letrozole/Femara. Just some night sweats and a little moody. I was ovulating on Clomid too, but my luteal phase was still only 8-9 days until I started the injections and progesterone. I pushed Femara this time just to try something different since I wasn't getting pregnant. Especially since the doctor has said my cycles look good and just can't believe I'm not getting pregnant. Erg!!!

I'm currently 8dpiu and I'm trying to wait until 12dpiui to test! What's weird is I haven't felt any side effects this time post IUI... just some twinges. Normally I get very sore/sensitive nips (although I think its due to progesterone, I think it's odd I haven't gotten that this time). The wait is killing me this time and I'm not even feeling as positive as the first two. It will be onto IVF next round I'm pretty sure!

10 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo