Community post

Question

age & fertility

the age & fertility calculator says that i have a 25% chance of conceiving, but it increases with the longer you have been trying..does anyone know why that is? so i should have like an 80% chance of conceiving..but do i really? anyone have any insight on this? i don't have any fertility issues, btw.

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I think its based on the fact that 85% of couples conceive within one year.

11 years ago

Apparently only something like 6% will never conceive naturally. So basically the longer you try you are bound to eventually get pregnant. I think most people will get assistance after a year or two of trying though, especially when you get into your 30's. If you have no real rush to get pregnant or don't get heart broken or seriously depressed with every failed attempt there isn't any real need to get help to conceive because it will most likely happen in time. I tried for 2 years and while that may not seem long to some it felt like an eternity to me and I took it pretty hard and got pretty depressed so I knew I needed help conceiving. It's all how you look at it!

User Image 5 rounds of Clomid (1 chemical) 2 rounds of Femara + IUI (1 chemical) 4 rounds of Femara, Clomid, Menopur+IUI (all BFN) 1 IVF in January=

11 years ago

ended up getting my bfp on 9 dpo :)))

11 years ago • Post starter

Congrats on your bfp!

me (31) ~ dh (37) dx w/pcos in 2009 ttc since 2000 Met.1000mg, prenatal, provera (11/12) clomid 50mg, Epo 1000mg, preseed and prayer (2/13) "This is my season, and I know I can do all things through Christ Jesus" thanks for my in advance!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo