Community post

Question

today i am 17 dpo. On 14 dpo i went in for a confirmation of pregnancy and did a blood test.

today i am 17 dpo. On 14 dpo i went in for a confirmation of pregnancy and did a blood test. On the day i went for the blood test i was just one day past due for my period. Note- I tested positive on 10 dpo but it was very faint. I called today to see the results and a rceptionist told me that my HCG level was 165. She said that was low. She then told me a nurse would review it and call me back later. i am worried now of course. I did another HPT today and the line was so much darker than at 10 dpo. I would think that is good but the receptionist at the drs office told me that was really irrelevant. Should I be concerned? Also should I call back and ask to speak to a nurse? I have had a miscarriage before and I am just so anxious. And, are these butterflies in my stomach, or am i nauseas? Sigh :)

User Image

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Personally I wouldn't worry until you spoke with a nurse. No offense to the receptionist but she doesn't know she isn't trained for that she is probably just going off what she thinks. The test getting darker is important as the more hcg you have the darker the test is so you are progressing since the test is getting darker. If you feel uneasy about call back and tell her you want to speak with the nurse not her. I hope this helps keep me updated :)

User Image

11 years ago

165 is a great number for 14dpo!

Me: 45, unexplained (but now ancient) Husband: 46 (perfect in every way) Married 21 years 1 daughter born 07/2011 after TTC for 12 years

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo