Community post

Question

First time taking Clomid and a bit worried.

After having a procedure to make sure my fallopian tubes were clear, I was told I can begin taking Clomid on day 5 of my next cycle. A little worried about side effects and the best way to use it to my advantage TTC. Can anyone share their experiences with Clomid? How easy was it to get pregnant using it?

5 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

I currently take Clomid 50mg and I just took the fourth cycle with no success. I had a test this month to clear out the debris from my tubes and I will find out if everything works in about 7-10 days. Good Luck to you!!!!

11 years ago

I have found that the best way to minimize the side effects is to take it at night around dinner time. You might still get some hot flashes, but it should be pretty mild. Your success in achieving pregnancy is different for everyone. Are you doing IUI's as well? I took it for 10 cycles (not consecutively) and was unsuccessful. Foe some people it works right away. It all depends on what your diagnosis is. I was "unexplained" for several years because all my tests came back perfect, and just recently diagnosed with mild Endo that was removed during a lap.

Good luck, I hope the clomid works.

11 years ago

I got pregnant with my son on the first cycle of clomid..six yrs ago

Hope the clomid works for you..good luck. :-)

11 years ago

Hello I will be taking clomid this cycle. I was told that it can dry ur cm. Some things that other women on clomid recommended me to take were Evening primrose oil and to use preseed. fx and gl to you I hope is our miracle drug

me (31) ~ dh (37) dx w/pcos in 2009 ttc since 2000 Met.1000mg, prenatal, provera (11/12) clomid 50mg, Epo 1000mg, preseed and prayer (2/13) "This is my season, and I know I can do all things through Christ Jesus" thanks for my in advance!

11 years ago

Got pregnant first time on Clomid cd 5-9 with 50mg. Fraternal twins. The side effects were only slight mood swings for me. After i ovulated

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo