Community post

Question

Does cramping and spotting have to happen at the same time to be implantation?

I researched this and can't find anything so I'm probably wasting my time. At 7dpo I started cramping something horrible and my back and hips felt like it was on fire, worse than af cramps. That lasted through 11 dpo. Bd'd and cramps seemed to go away. At 12 dpo had sharp pain in pelvic area. Now at 13 dpo I'm spotting brown and I'm due for af. Light cramping. I also had 3 days brown spotting 5 days before ovulaton (after bd). Not sure what that was. I have other symptoms that could be either pms or preg. It's probably just af but for future ref. is it possible to implant and not bleed for a few days?

4 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

I hate to scare you, but this sound VERY similar to my experience having an eptopic just two weeks ago. Blood was trapped in my tube and so I was spotting about 1-2 times a day as it got pushed out. I also had sharp pains in my pelvis.

11 years ago

You dont have to have spotting to have implantation. I only cramped for about 3 hours on the day I believe I implanted. It felt like a crampy pain I never felt before. It is really hard to explain. It hurt more when I walked. Took a test 2 days later and it was positive.

11 years ago

Oh wow! I hate that for you but thank you for informing me. I haven't gotten a bfp but haven't tested today because of the spotting and I'm out of tests. I was waiting to see if it turned into a full flow but the spotting has stopped so maybe I should get some tests. Would it show + if it were an ectopic?

11 years ago • Post starter

Thanks for the input ayeayecaptn. I've read you don't have to have bleeding, like you said. I'm just wondering if you can bleed a few days after the cramping stops. Silly question, I know.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo