Community post

Discussion

How do you keep it a secret?!?!?

I just got my BFP yesterday and I am soooooooo flipping excited! I want to tell so many people but my hubby wants to wait until the first trimester is over. How do you ladies keep the big secret???

7 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Replies

I got a BFP yesterday too!! Hubby wants us to keep it a secret for the first trimester too! We suffered a miscarriage in Sept so i'm OVER THE MOON about this positive!!! Very hard to keep it a secret! Keep yourself occupied!!!! Try to find a neat way to announce to friends and family? :)

12 years ago

I haven't gotten my BFP yet, but I think you should try to enjoy this time as your own. Once you share it with everyone you know, its no longer yours alone. Then the joy is everyones. Keeping it just between you and your husband could help you bond closer together, simply because you know you've done something amazing, and don't have anyone asking you about it. Its your time to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet, because once you tell, everyone is going to want to talk to you about it. This is just the way it seems to me, but everyone is different. Maybe discuss with your husband, and see how he feels about just telling a few important people, like your parents or best friends. Good luck, and congratulations!

User Image

12 years ago

ummm...well TELL US!!!

write in your journal for this site and/or sign up for the countdownmypregnancy and share with them as well, charting your symptoms and other things!!!

User Image

12 years ago

Thank you ladies for your replies!

Lyric36, thank you! I love your idea :) I might just have to do that!

Lalarilley, I never thought about it that way because I am so ecstatic about it! I've been through 3 chemicals, so I really want to shout it to the world, but I know you're right. I do want this to be just between me and hubby for a while! It's just hard to keep from letting it slip. LOL.

Shrsta, to you too!!!! Here's to a !! Are you hoping for a girl or boy?

12 years ago • Post starter

I have a one and a half son, so, a girl would be amazing! Although i do see myself with two boys. So i guess i'd be ecstatic with either one! :-) i had a miscarriage in Sept, and after the doctors were really concerned that i might not be able to conceive again... So this pregnancy is a miracle! I'm over the moon!! How are you feeling?

12 years ago

I'm doing well! Still bloated, nauseous, and fatigued, but I'm very happy about all of it! I keep poas everyday just to see the line get darker and it is definitely getting darker this time! I am like you and still over the moon! And i'd be very happy with either a boy or girl even though I have a 5 yr old girl :-) And she is dead set on having a baby sister. Lol.

12 years ago • Post starter

Congrats! I'm bursting to tell everybody too. Only my BF and mom know right now. I think it will be easy to keep it secret as long as I keep busy like working, going to the movies, writing in a pregnancy journal, going to the gym, spending time with my BF.

12 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo