Community post

Question

Positive then negative HPTs - still pregnant?

Has anyone had positive HPT/s, then negative/s and still gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

It's entirely possible, esp. in the very early stages. How far apart were your tests and were they the same brand each time? When I tested out for my mc, I did get some that were light one day and then darker the next (should be the opposite) so the dye plus the concentration in the urine can affect the results. Hope that helps!

11 years ago

Thanks so much for answering. I have only used First Response tests each time. I got my first positive on Monday at 5:30 in the evening, which was light but definitely a positive without a doubt. So I waited for first morning urine the next day expecting a much darker line and it was negative. I realised at that point I have drunk heaps of water before bed so waited until late after holding urine for 4 hours first and got another negative. The Wednesday I had a doctor's appt and got a negative test there, although he said they weren't sensitive tests like the First Response ones....

Anyway I convinced him to do bloods and I should hopefully get the results tomorrow, I'm just freaking out that it was a chemical pregnancy or something!

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo