Community post

Question

Anyone taken the supplement DIM?

I started taking DIM in the middle of my cycle and I am now due to have started my cycle within the last week. I have never gone passed a 30 day cycle without being pregnant but I think it might be the DIM as we didn't BD in the fertile time frame. Anyone else experience this?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

2 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

What's dim?

11 years ago

DIM is an interesting supplement and may be a bit confusing. DIM stimulates the body to metabolize bad estrogen, not your good ones. For estrogen to be modified into its final form before passing out of the body (removal) it has to be combined with oxygen for aerobic metabolism. DIM increases specific aerobic metabolism for estrogen, this in turn multiplies the chance for estrogen to be broken down into good beneficial estrogen metabolites (2-hydroxy estrogen). When the good estrogen metabolites are increased by the DIM, this creates a reduction in bad estrogen (16-hydroxy estrogen) which have the potential to cause cancers, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, ect. Good estrogen metabolites protect the heart and brain with antioxidant activity. Increased bad estrogen may be promoted by obesity and exposure to man made environmental toxins. DIM promotes healthy estrogen metabolism.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo