Community post

Question

Opinions - what do you think about IUI?

Hi Guys - I am 10DPO today - but really feel out, so I am starting to think ahead to next month. My RE has told me if I want to try IUI just to let her know. We've done three rounds of 100mg Clomid+2000 mg of Metformin and one round with 50mg of Clomid. Husband's sperm analysis was really good - my HSG was clear of any issues. I have PCOS and am overweight - so I am sure that is the main issue. But I have been ovulating!

I'm just not sure how I feel about IUI - it feel so impersonal somehow. I'd really welcome some opinions and stories (successful or not).

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

If you want something more personal but that will still get the swimmers where they need to be you could always do a couple rounds of ICI at home there's lots of information online on how to do it. You could also see if you can find a local midwife that will do IUIs t your home. If none of those are an option then IUIs might just do the trick they are a little uncomfortable and not as nice as BDing lol but they can get those swimmers right where they need to be. Good luck

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

I also have PCOS and didn't respond well to Clomid. I was just talking to the P.A. at our RE's office and she mentioned there are several other oral medicines you can take besides Clomid. She said that women who don't respond well to Clomid or have lots of side effects normally do much better with the other meds. Unfortunately, I didn't write down the names but I'm sure if you ask, they could come up with something for you. We're going to try that route if we don't get pregnant this cycle. Good luck!

11 years ago

We were considering IUI when my RE said "let's try something else first and go from there" (since it is going to cost so much each cycle)... I too and overweight and was on Clomid for 8 months. I ovulated sometimes and sometimes I didn't! RE told me his concern was the Clomid thinning out the uterus lining.... so he put me on Letrozole... I am ovulating like clockwork now... if we could just get our BDing timing down. LOL! I have a feeling it is coming soon! If you want to hold off on IUI maybe switch drugs and/or try getting a medicine syringe and have your hubby (help him... that makes it more personal and fun) deposit his goods in a baggy or cup... I found it was easier to suck all of it up out of a freezer bag (it is thicker than a sandwich bag which can block the syringe easily)... a cup it is hard to get it all. Best of luck to you!!! Lots of baby dust and prayers!

User Image User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo