Community post

Question

I will NEVER buy a blue dye test again EVER

I took a crystal clear blue dye || pregnancy test yesterday which wold have made me 10-12dpo and got a CLEAR BFP no squinting, tricks of light etc. Today I took a First responce (the strip you dip in a cup) and got a clear BFN!!!! mind you it wasn't fmu but the thickness and colour of the first test I would have assumed I would get a hint of a line on a first responce.. Now I don't want to test again at all and just wait for AF :-(.
Has this happened with anyone else?

3 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Look at the amount of hcg levels each test picks up, some tests can pick up from lower levels of hcg like 10mIU/ml and some wont pick up hcg till the levels are at 25. Im just thinking without getting ur hopes up to much like but i cant see why you would get a bfp if hcg wasnt present at all. Try again with fmu Good luck hun xx

11 years ago

I have never used a blue dye test until a few months ago, it was a target brand 'up and up' early detection test. I got a clear blue line. I immediately after used other pink dye tests including first response, all of which we're negative. I had always heard bad things about the blue dye, but just wanted to try a cheap test. Never again. I then researched my specific test and found alot of the same complaints, including a woman who got her positive from her fish tank water with that test.

Stick to pink. Wait a couple days (if you can, I can't ;) and try a dollar tree test, people like those. I've been pregnant 6 times and never have experienced a false positive on any test until the blue dye. My period came right on time to the day also. Good luck. :)

11 years ago

Thanks for your replies :) I'm going to test again with FMU and deff stick to a pink dye test.

11 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo