Community post

Question

Please read! Need people to answer who have had miscarriages and then had healthy happy pregnancies!

Hi, last year I had a missed misscarriage and at a scan at 9 weeks I found out the baby stopped growing at 5+4 weeks pregnant! I then didnt actually miscarry till I would have even 12 weeks so just over 6 weeks it was still inside me not growin, I ended up losing 60% of my blood and rushed in to have a d+c and had to be given blood transfusions! Now after a year I finally got another bfp, and now 5+4 weeks and I'm absolutely terrified it will happen again! Last year I felt sick etc but all died down at about 6weeks ( I just thought I was lucky it stopped early) and at the moment the only symptoms I have is slightly tender breast and abit tired and I don't think thats enough symptoms! I'm driving myself mad! I have a early scan in a week but can't see how I can wait till then without going crazy lol! Is it likely to have 2 missed misscarriages in a row a year appart! Thanx for reading my long text and please answer :) x

9 Answers • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I had a m/c at 13 weeks in March. It was the hardest thing I have ever gone through, as we had just heard the heartbeat that morning. However, I am currently 11 weeks and 6 days. This pregnancy has been a lot different from the first. Part of that difference and what has helped me personally is I have left this pregnancy in God's hands. We have no control over if we miscarry or not. But I can just trust that God knows the desires of my heart and how badly my husband and I have wanted a baby. It has helped soooo much. I don't research a lot of stuff like I did the first time, and I am staying away from anything negative. We decided to only tell family until after I am passed 13 weeks, which has been sort of a blessing as well. It has been something between my husband and I. I say all of this to tell you that worrying and fretting is not good for you or the baby. Just have faith that all is well this time around. Also you might want to join www.countdownmypregnancy.com.

11 years ago

Ran out of room, but wanted to say congratulations!!!!

11 years ago

Thank you dmartin65 that's what I keep trying to tell myself! But I keep reading rubbish on the Internet and just need to learn to relax :) thanx for your answer! You are right, there is nothing I can do I just have to wait and see what happens I suppose! I haven't told friends etc this time just incase! And congrats to you too I hope your baby sticks this time too :) x

11 years ago • Post starter

sorry for your loss, I had a mc last year at 11 weeks tho the baby stopped growing between 7 or 9 weeks they werent sure. IM now 10 weeks pregnant I had a scan at 7 weeks and everything looked great but Im still so scared and nervous, I was sick from 3 weeks pregnant and urinating frequently around 6 7 times a day, when I got to 9 weeks I only go the toilet about 3 or 4 times a day now and I never felt sick all last week but was a bit sick last night ( but that might of been cos I had a curry that didnt agree with me). its really really hard not to worry and not to think negative (for me) I really dont know how other people do it they must be so strong, bu tno matter how many people tell me not to worry its impossible, I dont believe in god so I cant say all that its in his hands etc and anybody els you speak to says something different based on there experience, alot go on to have happy healthy pregnancy after a mc but some dont, Im sorry if I sound so negative but I cant help it,

11 years ago

theres no point in me saying everything will be fine, because I dont know that, all I can say is I hope everything goes well for you and good luck at your scan. I have a scan on Friday and I am terrified I cant sleep, so if you read this fingers crossed for me and to those who believe in god maybe say a prayer for me and my baby, good luck all x

11 years ago

Good luck for your scan hun! Is it tomorrow or next fri like mine? Sending luck and hope to you! You sound like me being so negative but it so hard not to be I no! If you remember let us no how your scan goes and hope to hear of a healthy happy baby x

I am sorry to hear your experience. I have had 2 missed MC, October 2011, scan at 8.4wks showed growth to 6 wks and May 2011 scan at 10.2 weeks showed growth to 8 wks :-(. I am 43 and overweight. I do have a 13year old dd and an 11yr old dd by my previous marriage.

11 years ago

Oh sorry to hear that! So it can happen twice in a row :( I have a 3 year old and that one miscarriage I'm only 23 with a normal bmi so was hoping it would be simple! But it's not is it :( x

Ive had 2 in a row well my 1st was actually premature labour with a lil girl so i dont class that as a MC really but i went on to have my boy whos now 6 so dont worry yourself im sure you will be fine. Congratulations on your pregnancy x

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo